MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a quick and dirty search, just need some clarification/confirmation on some things

1.) in ES, endlinks are considered part of the swaybar, which means you may upgrade them?

2.) can someone get me plans or pictures for the strut reinforcement to avoid ripped tabs?

3.) wheres a good place to find true adjustable-on-the-car endlinks (assuming they exist, if not, tell me)

thanks!!

trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start placing orders :evillaugh

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
the only bar you really need the reinforcing plates with is the ST bar, and they come with it.

if you're in ES you can't lower or change the suspension height, so you have no need for adjustable end links.

if you want to up grade the end links the twos-r-us endlinks are excelent units and are adjustable, i don't know about adjusting while on the car, but they are adjustable.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Ours are not adjustable on the car. Adjustable on the car links are overrated for most applications.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im planning on the big ST bar and the TwosRus endlinks then

thanks guys :)

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
bmicke1 said:
the only bar you really need the reinforcing plates with is the ST bar, and they come with it.
It comes with plates for the chassis, not the end link tabs on the strut body which are even more prone to being ripped out. I welded a 1/8" plate over the face of the endlink mount (with an oversized whole drilled in it) up to the top of the spring perch. Other people just double up the stock mount.

Adjustable endlinks only purpose really is to offset height changes. In ES you can't change that, so there's not much of a point. H&T units are really really nice though, way overbuilt, nice and quiet too. Huge improvement over OEM. And yes they're part of the swaybar so you can replace them, in the front only though.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Adjustable endlinks CAN play around a little with corner weighting the car. You can put a preload on one side or the other.

However...I don't know ANY ES guy who has done this, even at the National level, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
appreciate it, and hopefully this comes up for the next guy that searches :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts