MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the swaybars for the mk2 and have been deciding between ST or TRD.. my car is a mk2 turbo daily driven, and i was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on them.. I'm leaning towards full TRD, but my friend's suggesting TRD front with ST rear, since from what i've seen the ST is stiffer and a little bit cheaper.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Will the car be autocrossed? Which class would you like to run in? It the class even important to you?

There's a pretty simple "recipe" for a front bar only with an alignment to go with it, that allows you to run in Stock category.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Don't forget the Addco. If you're in-between on the TRD and the ST,
it might be just right for you.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you're running stock class, the "common practice" is to run either a moddified Addco or the ST bar upfront, and then you cannot change the rear swaybar.

If you're not running stock class, then swaybar size will be determined by which springs you're running.

I'm gonna take it that you autocross since that's where this is posted.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
what size is the ST bar most people run... i've seen several listed for MK2s? (NA if it matters)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really care where my car runs, i was autoxing in st2 during slush.. =/.
Right now, i'm running on stock springs, and struts, was looking into koni yellows, and undecided on springs.

·
Garage heated by 3SGTE
1,855 Posts
I've got a TRD bar. It is very light, which is a plus. I haven't installed an ST bar for the MR2, but the one I put on a friend's Civic was heavier than the bar I use on my weight bench. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts