MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
JNRmr2 said:
Again you are comparing "street car" vs race car :rolleyes: like I said for a street car it works great, for a drag car it makes no difference.
Once again thats what I said?

Also the carbureted cars are full on drag cars, so that is fully race car vs race car. So your saying that just because you can run whatever time you want with a carb that it is better?

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Great numbers! I'm sure the thing is a beast on the street as well. Keep up the good work! I didn't realize this was a K series VS 3sgte thread? I'm obviously a fan of the 3s since that's what I've spent my money on but those K's do make some great power and seem to last a long time making it. I wish I could say I've had great luck with my built 3sgte motors but, I haven't! I hope you do Walt! I've had 3 and they all took a dump on me in very short periods of time. Eventually I'll build another one since I've been collecting all the high dollar parts for it. For now I'm running stockish gen3 setups. I look forward to seeing you take some people down though. You may want to consider a clutch type LSD over stock. They seem to keep the car straighter when you break traction. That's been my experience anyways!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
47mr2's said:
Great numbers! I'm sure the thing is a beast on the street as well. Keep up the good work! I didn't realize this was a K series VS 3sgte thread? I'm obviously a fan of the 3s since that's what I've spent my money on but those K's do make some great power and seem to last a long time making it. I wish I could say I've had great luck with my built 3sgte motors but, I haven't! I hope you do Walt! I've had 3 and they all took a dump on me in very short periods of time. Eventually I'll build another one since I've been collecting all the high dollar parts for it. For now I'm running stockish gen3 setups. I look forward to seeing you take some people down though. You may want to consider a clutch type LSD over stock. They seem to keep the car straighter when you break traction. That's been my experience anyways!
Thanks a lot man. I'm trying to focus a lot on getting to the track. I want to set new record and explore this chasis tand engine to its wits end before I move on to my evo and have two race cars lol.
This particular engine has over 600 passes on it already and its as healthy as can be, although I think i should have O ringed it because I'm killed 2 gaskets already but all that happens is after 30ish lbs it starts to pressurise the system just a bit. Car is rock solid, new trans feels amazing (should hold me over until I do the dog box) and the tune is rock solid. Couldnt ask for any more from it. If it failed tomorrow I couldnt be upset becuase the build has been a blessing. Youre right on the LSD too once mine goes I'll be looking forward to that. Lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Saw the posts on facebook, you did your uppipe before mine could get finished :(

sweet setup.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
:biggun :biggun dope bro hope to see it break records.

·
SW20 Gets Girls
4,916 Posts
Yo B, glad to see the dedication and hard work has been paying off!

·
Registered
767 Posts
WaltClassic said:
But also keep in mind you have tune about 6 different cam angle maps just to tune the car.
Bingo, this is the main reason serious builds eliminate it IMO. Especially once you factor in that most of these really big builds are on map sensors, not MAF's.

You dont have to really tune the various cam angles on maf's, just make sure your maf signal is calibrated.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts