MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I know its been a while since I've been on here and made any threads. We took the car down to finish up after I changed and few things. New Twin scroll T4 1.32 6766 Billet BB, new racer X intake manifold, re did my piping, made a new fire wall, all of the suspension products that Huxracing has to offer etc. We had no time to get back to the mustang Dyno so we went right back to the Dyno comp that I made 739 on last time and 499 tq with the 7168 at 33-34 lbs. Was supposed to go to the track that night and decided to just stay at the Dyno because we were already running late. We did not run over 30.2lbs because we couldn't get the car to hook up once getting into the high 700s and I figured I'd use that as a sign to try the car out as is and get used to it. We still have another maybe 15+ lbs to go. It should go mid to low 9s with this power so I don't even see why we would need more but we'll probably do it just to do it. This is still on the same long block from last year too btw. The one with the eagle rods lol. The high compression big wrist pin aluminum rod and filled/Oringed block is just collecting dust until this one shlts itself. There are over 600 passes in this motor. Now only is it making over 100lbs more tq but it's doing it at less boost and the car is 10x more responsive. Spool I havn't even gotten a chance to look at and compare but I will a little later on. My guess is at least 3-500 rpms faster. Here were our results

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Congrats on getting it back together Walt.

Looks to spool quick on the video.

Any plans to get it to the track before the years out?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
michael said:
Congrats on getting it back together Walt.

Looks to spool quick on the video.

Any plans to get it to the track before the years out?
Yea man it spools a whole lot quicker. We're actually planning on going to MIR once I get back from vacation. Let's see how it goes.

JNRmr2 said:
Awesome work and congrats on braking the 800hp mark. Thanks for the help by the way. :)
Yea man I'm excited to actually see what it can do now. Should really be a beast over all. What I really want to do is strap it down on and jet and go for 900+

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
Very nice indeed. Surprised how it is laying over past 8k but besides that very nice indeed.

Real curious how the spool is.

Goes to show how the new turbos work so much better seeing as you are making more power at less boost and spooling faster while doing it. Course the manifold I am sure played a role but it was not all of it.

You really need to put it on a dynojet. Says engine HP on the sheet.

That said, until then, got a comparison of the new vs old setup on the same sheet?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Texas_Ace said:
Very nice indeed. Surprised how it is laying over past 8k but besides that very nice indeed.

Real curious how the spool is.

Goes to show how the new turbos work so much better seeing as you are making more power at less boost and spooling faster while doing it. Course the manifold I am sure played a role but it was not all of it.

You really need to put it on a dynojet. Says engine HP on the sheet.

That said, until then, got a comparison of the new vs old setup on the same sheet?
Yea that's the plan is to get it on a Jet. I have a video of the old pass too on the same Dyno and it's like night n day difference between the 2 passes. We havnt touched the cams at all either but I have to say that there are tons left on the table. This car is just a straight animal now. When you shift 1-2-3 now there is virtually no drop in boost and the revs are staying up. It's so much of a better car now. I love it!

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
WaltClassic said:
Yea that's the plan is to get it on a Jet. I have a video of the old pass too on the same Dyno and it's like night n day difference between the 2 passes. We havnt touched the cams at all either but I have to say that there are tons left on the table. This car is just a straight animal now. When you shift 1-2-3 now there is virtually no drop in boost and the revs are staying up. It's so much of a better car now. I love it!
I knew the smaller turbo would be the better match for your goals. Only issue with the turbo setup for me is the lack of twin gates when you did everything else right but I will let it slide.

What cams are you running? That or the timing could indeed be the cause of the high end drop off. Seems pretty steep for such a build. I would expect more of a flatline to 9k or a slower taper. Not drop like a brick.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I actually never got a chance to look at the logs. Also this is basically off the gate. It's making 29 ish lbs off of a 19lb spring. I actually have another precision 44 mm gate here ready to toss on but we just havnt had the time to get it on yet. It came off the shop skyline. For all I know it's losing a lb or too because it's not creeping or anything. I have to look at the logs. We'll figure it out either way.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Im sorry.. I cant wait to see you line up with that Race Lab MrHonda and keep toyota on the map.. Yeah.. I said it... :)

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
drenj2 said:
Ill second that , 3sgte all day
Eh, best 4 banger Toyota made but not even in the same ballpark as modern engines when it comes to efficiency, modability, cost effectiveness, overall performance ect.

The lack of VVT alone puts it at a drastic disadvantage vs modern engines from the start.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Texas_Ace said:
Eh, best 4 banger Toyota made but not even in the same ballpark as modern engines when it comes to efficiency, modability, cost effectiveness, overall performance ect.

The lack of VVT alone puts it at a drastic disadvantage vs modern engines from the start.
Yet when these modern engines decide to go realllllly fast they eliminate all that nonsense and go back to basics lol. You have any idea how many Evo 9 guys go to evo 8 head set ups just becasue of that very point. My car is more than efficient and with the new change in sensors its only going to get better.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts