MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oof, I haven't posted here in a while and my MR2's been sitting in the garage the past 10 years... lol

Anyways, I was digitizing some old Sony Digital8 tapes and I found about an hour worth of footage from SW2003 if anyone remembers that. I drove all the way down from Vancouver for that meet. My how times have changed, I've grown to prefer driving my 420hp cushy sedan over the 2...

The footage is shakey because image stabilization wasn't a thing yet and digital cameras weren't mainstream. Hope this brings back some memories for the old timers...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nice! I was there too. I think I drove down with some of the BCMR2 folks to Vegas. I do remember stopping in Portland to pick up Ken and Kris...

Gonna watch your video to see if I can find any shots of my car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey i know this is off topic but I need some help with my mr2 5s turboed. Can a bad distributor cause orange spark but no injector pulse

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I was there too. I think I drove down with some of the BCMR2 folks to Vegas. I do remember stopping in Portland to pick up Ken and Kris...

Gonna watch your video to see if I can find any shots of my car.
If you went up to BC2003 a few months after SW2003, you might find your car. I just pulled this off my tapes a few days ago... lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you went up to BC2003 a few months after SW2003, you might find your car. I just pulled this off my tapes a few days ago... lol

Yep! I see my car. I think there's parking garage footage from BC2003 that I remember being in too.

Hi Bao! Hope all is well with you!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep! I see my car. I think there's parking garage footage from BC2003 that I remember being in too.

Hi Bao! Hope all is well with you!
Things are as well as they can be given the current times... lol... My MR2's been in the garage since 2011, maybe driven 5 times since. I had just replaced the alternator for the 3rd time and a few days later on my way to work, I got another check engine light. That was the last straw. Went to the Hyundai dealer the next day and bought a new 2.0T Sonata with 274hp. Drove that for 5 years. It was as fast as the MR2 but I could never get used to a FWD car. Traded it for a 2015 Genesis 5.0L with 420hp that I'm still driving. The idea was to give the MR2 a rest so I can give it a full restoration but I never got around to it. I'm driving a luxury sedan that's as fast as a stock MKIV Supra, I don't really see the need to drive the MR2. Guess I just outgrew it?

·
Registered
465 Posts
My SC caught fire eight years ago. All things considered it wasn't too bad of a fire but it took out the engine. With covid I'm finally getting around to do a full restore on it.

I always liked your car. I remember the cool electronics and computer you had in it!

I have a Cadillac CTS-V wagon so I totally understand where you're coming from regarding your Genesis. Fun to have a car that combines power, speed, and luxury. That being said I usually end up driving my old Taco on most days...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts