·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,729 Posts
"Engine lateral control rod"
It's in the Rear Spring & Shock Absorber section, 2nd page.
All the individual parts are listed separately. Doesn't seem to be available as a unit.

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
I have not personally found it to be necessary, but that is with poly motor mount inserts front and rear. Maybe with all stock mounts it's worth while?

·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts
I have not personally found it to be necessary, but that is with poly motor mount inserts front and rear. Maybe with all stock mounts it's worth while?
Wouldn't those inserts actually do much for holding the motor moving left and right? Aren't they for torque motion to stop the engine rotating under acceleration? I guess the inserts do touch the mounts on the gearbox compared to not having them at all. But they do just float in the mount rubber.

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
Wouldn't those inserts actually do much for holding the motor moving left and right? Aren't they for torque motion to stop the engine rotating under acceleration? I guess the inserts do touch the mounts on the gearbox compared to not having them at all. But they do just float in the mount rubber.
Yes, that is their primary function. I only mention them because it's the non-stock aspect of my engines mounting, and I haven't noticed any problems due to not having that little control rod.

And the front and rear mounts will laterally control the engine to some degree, as it would have to deform them axially in order to move laterally. So stiffening them may reduce the effect of not having that rod.

Reactions: GDII
1 - 8 of 8 Posts