MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is 10 years to the day from when I started my first group buy on this forum! Hard to believe I have been building parts for the MKII for longer than Toyota made the car in the first place. In celebration of that, all geometry kits for the rest of the month are $70 off. Details on my website: Suspension Geometry Kit

·
Registered
159 Posts
Today is 10 years to the day from when I started my first group buy on this forum! Hard to believe I have been building parts for the MKII for longer than Toyota made the car in the first place. In celebration of that, all geometry kits for the rest of the month are $70 off. Details on my website: Suspension Geometry Kit
Does the kit work with 16 inch rear wheels? If not, which part(s) interfere? Can the RCAs and tie ends be installed?

·
Premium Member
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the kit work with 16 inch rear wheels? If not, which part(s) interfere? Can the RCAs and tie ends be installed?
Unfortunatly not, at least not with most 16's. The RCA / bottom of the ball joint is the issue. But double check on your car. You need 1.25" of clearance between the inside of the wheel and the ball joint stud. This is usually worst with the suspension compressed, so if it's super close with the car in the air double check with it on the ground.

·
Registered
159 Posts
W
Unfortunatly not, at least not with most 16's. The RCA / bottom of the ball joint is the issue. But double check on your car. You need 1.25" of clearance between the inside of the wheel and the ball joint stud. This is usually worst with the suspension compressed, so if it's super close with the car in the air double check with it on the ground.
OK - I can check. Would 16 inch in the front and 17 inch in the rear definitely work? I have been toying with the idea of updating my rear wheels to 17 inch due to the better tire selection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I took an angle grinder to the balljoint stud (OEM balljoints) to get it to work with my 16s. It won't work as-is but if you're not real concerned with using a 4" grinder and a flap disc then it can work ok.

Of course that's after I put a groove in the barrel of my wheel lol.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I took an angle grinder to the balljoint stud (OEM balljoints) to get it to work with my 16s. It won't work as-is but if you're not real concerned with using a 4" grinder and a flap disc then it can work ok.

Of course that's after I put a groove in the barrel of my wheel lol.
Rookie move!!!

(Not that I’ve ever done anything like that!)

I plan on putting this kit on over winter. Super high quality for the price.

·
Premium Member
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
W

OK - I can check. Would 16 inch in the front and 17 inch in the rear definitely work? I have been toying with the idea of updating my rear wheels to 17 inch due to the better tire selection.
That should be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been eyeing this up for awhile now, sounds like the perfect time to make it happen. Thank you for your hard work making this available for the community.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m installing my kit this weekend and thought I would share a tip for the rear knuckle. The oem bearing can be pressed out with the knuckle still on the car. It takes some force and a few choice words but they came out. Here are some pics of what I used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts