MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a set of supra front brakes complete w/calipers for free, wondering if anybody has tried using these as an upgrade on a 91 turbo?

·
Premium Member
12,787 Posts
I don't know that anyone has ever used the calipers, but the rotors can be used. The Supra calipers probably have way too big of pistons, moving the brake bias way to far foreward. Wether you use the Supra calipers or not, you will still need some sort of adapter bracket. Since the brackets are readily available for Wilwood or 93+ MR2 calipers, and the brackets for the Supra calipers would have to be custom, I would say the only thing that may be worth using is the Rotors (especially since the Supra calipers are probably a pretty poor match to the MR2 brake system requirements).

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Supra brake rotors and calipers used to be the brake upgrade for mr2s till willwood came out. Do a search and I'm sure u can find more then a few a guys that have done it.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
1993sw20 said:
didnt phoenix power have a hub kit that used the supra calipers?
yes, thats the only way you can ever put supraTT front calipers on but those are really rare, id love to get a pair for other purposes... supratt calipers are freak'n tank heavy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts