MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, the schedule is out. From their Web Site... {} denotes Shenandoah Circuit:

FATT - Mar 18, {Apr 8}, May 13, {May 27}, {Jun 10}, Jul 15, Jul 29, Aug 19, Sep 9, Sep 23, Oct 14, {Oct 28}, Nov 4, Nov 18

Seat Time - Mar 31, {Apr 29}, May 19, Jun 3, {Jul 22}, {Sep 30}, Oct 21

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sab0276 said:
I know this is a noob question, but what does FATT stand for?
edit: guessing by looking at that schedule: Fridays At The Track?

-Scott
Exactly, Friday at the track is what they call it at summit point. Similar to other HPDEs (high performance driving experince) where students are broken into groups based on experience. Instructors ride along with less experienced drivers. The FATTs at Summit Point have 4-20 minute runs, cost is $225.00 for the day.

I highly recommend it to anyone who has never driven on a road racing coarse.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Anyone wanna do the March 18 one? I still got credit from last year... though I may use it instead for an open track day for the race car...

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am strongly leaning toward the March 18 one. I'll know Wednesday for sure. I just need to check with my boss (who will be driving also) to see if he prefers the 18th or April 8th on the new track

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can not make the March 18th FATT. I'm going to do the one on the new track on April 8th instead. Anybody else interested?

I'm all signed up for April 8th... and while I was at it I signed up for May 13th as well. April 8th is on the new track, May 13th is on the old track. Hope to see some of you guys there as well.

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thunderpaw said:
May 13 may work out ok for me too.
That would be great. I'd love to follow you around the track and see what I can learn (for as long as I can keep up).

Anyone else?... let's get some more from the board signed up.

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you guys are getting a bargain using last years credits... the cost went up $20.00 this year.

That's great... that makes 3 so far. Anyone else... Ashura?... JekylandHyde?

·
Registered
176 Posts
hmm... May13th... I can try. I'll see what I can pull from my budget and work. Friday means I have to take a day off...

I'd love to see what I can learn from Thunderpaw.
Hope I dont get chewed out by PDoane for w-t-w racing ;)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Summit Point, WV? .... I doubt I wil be at that track until I get a tow vehicle.
I am not driving Hyde that far to race!

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
I'll see what I can do. I should know in a day or so if that date will work out...

And Ashura, you'll do better watching Peter a few laps too, he's been at this longer than I have. Although we have different styles, we use most of the same markers... was cool with Peter, AJ and myself in a row for a few laps, brake lights all lit at the same point.. blink, blink, blink. and all 3 cars stayed very tight. Was cool, I learned a lot following them a couple laps.

I won't be running an MR2 if I go... I'll bring out my hybrid celica. I just love tossing that car around and we haven't been out to play together in a couple years.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Jeff, if you were willing to take time off work, I'd switch to the Seat Time on the 19th so you could ride shotgun. The only trouble with FATTs is that only instructors can take passengers.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
What's the difference between FATTs and SEAT TIME?

May 19? ... that's a Thursday.
I think my classes will be done by then.
I have class Wednesday & Thursday nights right now.
How many days would I need off from work?

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
FATT is Friday At The Track and is primarily for Novice groups driving with instructors and getting classroom sessions. There are also 1-2 groups of Experienced drivers that run sessions while the newbies get their feedback/instruction, but passengers are not allowed (unless you are a BSR instructor). Since becoming a BSR instructor isn't that hard, and you can earn a free track day, I was going to check into that when I called to book my slot.

Seat Time is only for Experienced drivers. After doing FATT enough as a Novice (with instructors riding along) to be signed off, you can "graduate" to solo runs in the Experienced Groups at FATT or Seat Time. There are instructors available at Seat Time to ride along for help/pointers, just not so many. The difference is that passengers are allowed at Seat Time sessions.

If you are interested, the plan would probably be for you to drive down to my place Wed night and we'd head out at Oh-dark thirty Thurs morning, run the day, and drive back that evening. Makes for a very long tiring day, but uses less vacation time.

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Thursday seat times definitely sound better... I'm only going Friday because my boss hasn't gotten signed off for seat time yet. (it's much easier to get time off when you're not leaving the boss behind)

The Thursday Seat Times are $200.00 vs. the $225.00 for FATT. Plus I've heard you can expect to get more track time at seat time. Was that you that told me that Peter?

I'm already signed up for the FATT but if all you guys end up going to the May 19th seat time, I'll probably "get sick" that day and go to that one too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts