have to be all that secure, I'm not sure we'd be able to tell if someone
vandalised it ;)

Inquire within. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we were able to hide it in one of my co-owners' garage for a few months,
but now he's buying a car with another guy to race this year, so it's getting kicked out.
And I still have 2.5 MR2s in my garage, so it can't come here.

Any body got a little space they don't need for a couple months? It's not
street legal, nor insured or plated, 'cause it's a racecar. Public parking it is probably
not legal most places.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't know what ian is doing with the shop once his piece of crap roomie gets out, so I won't volunteer him. But I will make sure he checks the thread (we're about 1.5-2hrs from Chicago so that might be a problem) if you don't mind it sitting outside with a car cover, we've had two supras sitting outside for who knows how long and they have been no problem, so that could be an option.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Dave,

My aparment complex is still open. There's a small set of 3 spots off to the side of where I park. There are currently 2 boats in the outside 2 spots, so the middle one is open.

I'm also gonna talk to a buddy of mine about winter storage(If I can't figure something out with Ian first ;) ) up at his warehouse in Gurnee tonight at a meet, so I'll inquire about your car for now.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
fellas, by the time you'd need to store your dueces, i'll have my crappy roomate out of the shop, have my duece, and the duece i just sold to one of my friends in there, and maybe occasionally my civic. the middle is always open for servicing cars, and its well secured. if you guys would like to do so, please hit me back.

we could talk pricing etc. im not picky as long as its a duece.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither my co-owner or I are comfortable with leaving it somewhere like a
parking lot, where it isn't supposed to be. If someone got a bug up there
ass and towed it away, I don't know how we'd get it back ( no plate, registration, nada ).

I'll probably call you about this at some point, Ian. As soon as the
other two guys find their ice-racer, we'll have to move the mk1 somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Yeah Ian did you ever get my half car out ha?
Sorry all my junk is still in there!! carpet, wheels, tires, brakes blah blah blah

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Hillman, just hit me back whenever you can. your car would be stowed away in the corner all nice, especially in an MR2 based shop.

Blue-sun, that goes for you too! btw, i should have a Porshe 944 in the shop by winter time.

Jeff, the shell isn't out yet, it will be though w/in the next couple of weeks. btw, im gonna start charging ya for rent there bud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts