MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy a good set of lowering springs and adjustable struts for me 1992 MR2 turbo here in San Antonio?
I don't want to order online and wait. I need to buy them now and have them installed.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jamey

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had talked to Maximum Velocity at 7126 Eckhert off Bandera Road. [That's where Frank works]They were going to install Suspension Techniques springs for me until I ran out of money and had to skip it. The springs were $215. Installation was about $400 as I remember. [While they had everything apart I was going to put in Prothane bushings [$75] as well. They said they could get springs, etc in about two days. They handle just about anything there. Their number is 210-682-1100.

John T
91T

·
Registered
796 Posts
installation was 400 dollasr, just labro? that is a very high price. Now it that is includes the springs too then ok but 400 for labor is way to high for springs.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i think i got my springs AND struts done for 100 bux homie. that is very high.

is the 400 including the prothane kit? the prothane kit if you are having a shop install it will cost you quite some money... lots of pressing out stuff, etc... if it is including the entire prothane install, i guess it isn't THAT bad.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan paying someone to install them for me...I'm not having any shop install them....that's too much for the labor.......I just need to purchase them. Will Max. Vel. order them for me or do I have to get them to install them for me as well?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Jamey, the install for struts/springs is pretty easy. I was hesitant when I did mine but after the 1st one I relaxed. Get a spring compressor from autozone (rental) and basic tools. Air tools make it 20,000 times easier but aren't needed. What struts are you going with? I'm loving my KYB's.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyle,

I never had a chance to go to Maximum Velocity to see about what brand of springs and struts to get. Heck, if you can do it...how about you do mine. I'll pay you for the labor. How about it?

I'm not sure what brand of struts and springs to get though...

Is you car lowered? Let's see some pictures.

So how about it....want to lower my car?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Sure I'd love to help you out. I dont have any air tools or place to work, but I could use your garage. I did mine at my now ex-girlfriend's house (her dad has my dream shop) Mine is on stock springs right now. I changed my shocks because the mounts were shot and the shocks were blown. Do you have a vice? We'll need one.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a vice....
damn it man...I hate this crapp.
I do have a garage, that's a for sure thing. So if you have the original springs, that means your car's not lowered, right?
I don't have the vice though..

·
Registered
796 Posts
having a vice is nice to get the strut out of the sleeve but when I did mines, my vice was messed up. So what I did not use something to go into the bolt hole areas (like a hugh screw driver or metal bar) and have someone stand on that while I use a big wrench to remove the cap off the sleeve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts