MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my mr2. Its a '91 turbo. I was thinking of getting koni yellows with rsr race springs and also some strut tower bars. Now I think I might get the strut bars and see if that satisfies me. What strut bars have you been happy with and what do you suggest?

·
Registered
761 Posts
TRDs are the best because they don't have any pivot points, just a solid bar. The rear bar is expensive though, expect to pay about 200 bucks brand new, but it looks very nice. Cusco makes a nice looking bar, but it doesn't have a crossbrace like the TRD does.

·
Registered
281 Posts
the rear trd bar doesn't make much noticeable difference. but the front trd bar is very noticeable, and is the one worth buying.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dont actually agree with 92kII, i installed a cusco front bar, then a cusco rear bar (neither of which are as good as the TRD jobs)

anwyay, i was expecting a noticable difference when i wacked the front bar in, which i got, and i really only installed the rear bar for peace of mind, however to my surprise the back was noticaby stiffer and cornering improved. Right now the strut bars are the only suspension mods ive done, and its made a big difference over stock, i dont know if it would have been as much an improvement if i had already done sway bars / springs and shockies though.

SO, in closing, im happy with the Cuscos, which i got second hand for $100 and end.

·
Question for those with sunroof model.... which bar allows you to maintain the sunroof lock mechanism? can the sunroof still store in the front compartment with aftermarket bars? I know the TRD bar doesn't since it eliminates the latch lock/holder....

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
DJ Sueno said:
Question for those with sunroof model.... which bar allows you to maintain the sunroof lock mechanism? can the sunroof still store in the front compartment with aftermarket bars? I know the TRD bar doesn't since it eliminates the latch lock/holder....

:dontknow:
Mine has space for the sunroof. I have some cheap bar off ebay for $15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts