MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i have a stripped exhaust manifold hole in my head.
ive decided to try the timesert thread repair kit
i searched and found out that the size is M10x1.25 but which part no. do i need to repair the threads for the exhaust manifold on the head? does it come with all the sizes or what?

·
Registered
20,013 Posts
we use helicoils to repair stripped stud holes in the head -- sometimes we cam make the repairs wit hthe manifold still on the head -- other times the manifold needs to be removed.... just depends on what stud stripped....... if using timeserts you'll have to remove the exhaust manifold in order to use them

·
Registered
557 Posts
The 10 1.25 is correct, but you have to remove the exhaust manifold to get the tap in.

There is an easier way. Use a 7/16 - 14 tap and put in a 7/16 -14 x 7/16 - 20 stud and use a 7/16 - 20 nut. You can tap it with the manifold in place.

And you don't need to spend the $50 for the helicoil kit.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ordered the timesert kit
i dont mind taking off the manifold since im gonna be checking the turbo anyways

is there anywhere in the service manual that tells you the sizes of the bolts? i cant find them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.