MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ive seen several people do this, I was just wondering what is involved...spacers? I came across a set of the TT wheels for very cheap, and was going to use them to replace my oem mr2 wheels...if it was possible.

·
Driving MR2s since '89
4,129 Posts
I believe the fronts are simply too wide, and need to be narrowed. You should also know that they weigh a ton. The 17x9.5" rears are somewhere around 24 lbs each.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I know the fronts will need a spacer. If you bring this to the "wheels/tires" section, you will have alot more response there. EL PAALO is the man and can answer anything wheels/tire related.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not worried about weight or if they stick out past the fenders right now...I just need to know if there is a way of having them work.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ask mr2liter, i know he has supra wheels

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You'll need spacers. 10mm front, 15 to be safe, 5mm rear. The rear might go on fine, but with stock supra tires, it'll be too high. Search "supra" and you'll find some threads on it.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Fronts are narrowed 9/16" with a 215 40 17 .I have plenty of room to go 235/40. Th rears have a 5mm spacer and you can run a 275/40. Without the spacer the 255/40 17 will come VERY close to stock strut but will clear. Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts