MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock Gen 3 + MS3x results on Mustang Dyno ( Looking for help)

Well I am not sure what to think about this. This car pulls hard and I have beaten a slew of cars (including Challenger RT, newer V8 Mustangs etc), but the dyno results are low. Now this is a Mustang Dyno and what I have been told is that it will probably be a bit lower than a dynojet.

The graph looks good except where I am to too rich near 5500-7000 so there is some power loss.

I posted my datalog on the dyno and my timing table. If I am missing something critical (besides some time to fix the rich issues @ high rpm) to not be seeing this power let me know.

Mods:

Gen 3 3sgte
3" Air intake
Berk DP
TCS 85mm Exhaust
MS3x
Boost = 11-12psi

Dyno:

Datalog @ 3k

Datalog at 7200

Timing Table

And the rear shot

·
MR2 Hoarder
5,087 Posts
Only 200 whp and still beating up on newer v8 domestics...lol, that's awesome. I like to give them head starts, like 2 car lengths to get their confidence up before I blow past them :)

Wish I could offer more advice than turn up the boost bro. Goodluck

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
Just going off peak numbers it sounds right about right. Going off the average of 10whp to 1psi, if you turned it up 5-6psi and netted 50-60hp you'd probably be in line with other gen3's running 16-17psi.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Mustangs are jokingly called "heartbreakers" around here.

Their numbers are low compared to a dynojet.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If you have the chance to take it to a dynojet, do so. Then you'll be able to compare to other gen 3 dynographs and see if your up to par. if numbers seem low, it's because you're only running 11 psi, most people don't run less than 14 psi on gen 3's on pump gas

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only reason its 11-12psi, is because of timing I believe. I had a really bad and very retarded ignition table before hand and I hit 16psi consistently. Ever since I have used this new table, my boost is a stable 11-12psi and it doesn't look like a boost leak due my logs showing a stable pressure through the power band.

I ordered the DIYAUTOTUNE boost solenoid kit for my MS3X. Hopefully I can mess with that over the weekend.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Did anyone attempt to actually tune the timing table or did you just make ramp runs?

From my experience, it looks like you have too much timing advance under 100kpa, but not enough timing advance above 100kpa.

It looks like you just need to have the timing map tuned.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did anyone attempt to actually tune the timing table or did you just make ramp runs?

From my experience, it looks like you have too much timing advance under 100kpa, but not enough timing advance above 100kpa.

It looks like you just need to have the timing map tuned.
I want to say you are right for sure. My timing is conservative for sure. I'd like to see someone elses timing table who has had it tuned for reference if you happen to have that?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I want to say you are right for sure. My timing is conservative for sure. I'd like to see someone elses timing table who has had it tuned for reference if you happen to have that?

Take a look at the ignition table from the DIYautune basemap for the gen 2 3sgte.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts