MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
I zipped my flange off with a mini cutting wheel and tig'd it on an IC pipe. To quite honest, if you running the the stock turbo or close to it a BOV was optional (IMO)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
agreed, delete the BOV you dont need it. mine stopped sealing properly so i traced the flange onto a piece of cardboard, cut it from sheet metal (14ga) sealed it up, bolted it on and have been loving it ever since. boost, throttle response and off boost response are sick. block-off plate ftw

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
When I still ran one, I just mounted it to the IC end tank. No need for a flange. 1.125" hole or something like that, with another hole for the mounting bolt. Quick smear of RTV around the seat for a leak-free seal.

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^^^^ agree with this 100%!!!

As a studying mechanical engineer, things that have been done for years show that there is a great deal of knowledge behind the use of a BOV otherwise there wouldnt have been millions of dollars spent on the research to put a part on a car, that would have been rendered useless if it was not needed.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silent765 said:
did you cut a hole in the trunk? or is that tmic just chillin in that hot box with no fan?
It's sitting in there for now, I'm removing it though. This thread is old, my stock bov doesn't work, I'm using a knockoff greedy for now. I plan on using an IC in front of the transmission

1 - 13 of 13 Posts