MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much cfm the stock 3sgte head flows? I searched for about 45 minutes and didn't find anything that was solid. Thanks in advance

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Could you define your Q factor for me?

(off topic, but while I'm asking... what ever happend to the damper pulley you mentioned late last year?!?)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
510rob said:
Could you define your Q factor for me?

(off topic, but while I'm asking... what ever happend to the damper pulley you mentioned late last year?!?)
The Q factor is air flow quality index. Its a function of laminar flow or how smoothly the air travels regardless of how much air flows.

I made the mistake of paying for something before having it made resulting in a loooonnng drawn out process. but I am hounding them weekly now about the pulleys. I hope to have something very soon.
Tyson

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
was it from Fluidampr? I got an e-mail reply from them yesterday saying sometihng to the effect that, "I don't we will make that, or continue on that project"

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The one I am working on is from Fisher concepts. I spoke with them today and I should have something in my hands by mid next week. They are being anodized right now.
Tyson

·
Registered
550 Posts
So does any one have number for a ported head. I know that different porting jobs will flow different amounts, but a ball park for a good street port.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Chris K. had posted comparative flowbench numbers awhile back in a Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 debate. He has a nice little Excel spreadsheet, showing what each makes stock, and what each makes when he is done porting it. The Gen 2 wins after porting, of course.

Do a search.

Ken

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The problem with saying that one wins over the other is a matter of goals though. I would much rather have a car that gains in mid range response and a comparable top end, than one with only top end sacrificing the midrange to get it. That is essencially what the Gen II head does. Now, if you're only objective is to see what kind of max dyno power you can get is, then yes, the Gen II will win. But, if you want to run down the track, especially a road course or auto-X, then a properly ported Gen III head will out perform a properly ported Gen II head. Real world racing and Dyno numbers are not always the same. Flow bench numbers can't show air velocity which is directly proportional to midrange power.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know this is an old post, but does anybody know what pressure that this test is taken at? I am ploting data to desktop dyno :)

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
So am I reading that correctly in that the stock head flows much better than the stock manifold (not surprising), but also slightly better than the RMR manifold?

·
Registered
988 Posts

This is the flow test I had done on my stock gen2 head, and this is showing just under 250CFM at just under 0.5"

Strange how different people get different results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts