MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes. I Have just put in a brand new rebuilt ct26, TKO exhaust with DP. G-force ecu set at 15psi and other mods. Intake, TwosRus MBC, and greddy intercooler. And Aftermarket boost gauge t-off from vacuum line connected to BPV.

I started her up the other day and took her for a test drive. MBC was at the lowest setting and the TVSV was plugged off at the actuator. I was boosting at 17+. So I got on here and did some research.

Today i took the MBC off, and put the original tubing on from the compressor to the actuator. I left the tvsv plugged. Still boosting 17+. I then plugged the left hose of the actuator and ran the MBC to the right side of the actuator and left the TVSV plugged, 17+ also.

Also starting today i noticed a loud whistling sound as soon as 1psi of boost was reached. Could the acuator be whistling? The whistle sound is constant from 1psi and up. And is very noticeable from inside the car while boosting.

Any help from here would be greatly appreciated. Hope my actuator is not bad. don't want to take that damn turbo off again.

thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was looking at the actuator on the rebuilt ct26 in my 2, and comparing it to my actuator on my old ct26 it looks different. even the number on the sticker is different. Is it possible that i have a actuator that doesn't open until 20+. i remember pulling on the arm of the actuator and it did open the wastegate. But don't know how much force i was using.

Anyone know where to get a cheap vacuum pump to test the actuator?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I FOUND the problem. The KO Racing Downpipe is blocking the wastegate from opening up. So i'm going to contact them to see if they can either send me a new one or make the wastegate part of the downpipe larger to the flap doesn't hit it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i loosened the actuator from the turbo, and then loosened the downpipe completely, I then held the the downpipe to the turbo and pulled the actuator toward me opening the flap of the wastegate and it was pushing the downpipe away from the turbo.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i just talked to KOracing and it he sais its the arm of the wastegate hitting the edge of the flange on the downpipe. He said to take a flat blade screwdriver and bend the arm out slightly do it doesn't hit the flange. Heading out to the garage to do this now. wish me luck

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now to close this Thread, I found the wastegate arm hitting the edge of the downpipe, i tried bending the arm out a little but wasn't working with the turbo inside the car. So i took the Downpipe out and found my trusty ol Dremmel Tool and started grinding down the side that it was hitting.

Replaced everything once again and took her for a drive. And.... WooHoo Boost Control. Car is running awsome and pulling strong, will be setting boost to 15psi tomorrow, for now leaving it at 8psi,

Just want to thank everyone on this forum for all the help. Has seriously helped me with my MR2 addiction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts