MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that everyone who's gone the white faced gauge route loves them when they go in. I'm thinking of doing the same. And it's a fairly cheap mod. But to you guys who have had them in for a while, any problems with peeling, lifting, discoloring, etc.? Anything to avoid or something you would have done different? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The previous owner of my car installed white face gauges and they had a problem with the back lighting flickering on and off. My friend who has white face gauges in his 240SX has problems with the needles rubbing against the gauge (probably because he didn't glue them down). I don't know personally I like the stock look better during the day but I have to admit the reverse indiglo did look pretty cool at night (when it actually worked).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
ive never had any problem with mine at all... but im about to take them off and sell them... only reason being is because they dont match my gauges...

·
Two for me, None for you
6,115 Posts
I had the whiteface Indiglo gauges. I liked them at first, but they get old and kinda annoying.

-JD

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Personally, I don't like the indiglos. I have the white NR gauges that look dead stock except they are white. I do like them but sometimes I wish I had the stock black gauges. I have VDO cockpit guages too, that almost match perfectly to the OEM gauges.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have had mine in for probably 2 years now and I still love them. I installed them properly, then had a lighting unit go out, replaced them, still love them. can't beat the vision they give you at night.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
i had regular indiglo and got sick of them after a while. now i have reverse indiglo and love them much more then stock.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've had my regular indiglo faces in for only a couple of weeks now, they look OK, but I turned the intensity way down, because they can be annoyingly bright. I set them at about 20% intensity, which I think is an acceptable level, not so bright but still very legible at night.

I like reverse indiglo better, but I had to have white faces, and the only reverse indiglo faces that I found without a normal indiglo center circle, had silver faces...

Anyway, putting them in was a real pain, so they're gonna be there for a while :p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
im having the hardest time wiring these dumb things, what did u all wire them up to so they came on when you turned ur head lights on? in my celica i just wired it up to the fuse but thats not the case here...for some reason the fuse is always hot so when i ground the gauges they stay on even when i turn the head lights off...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I had indiglo gauges in my corolla and I got sick of them after a while. the little control unit was cheap and it didn't last even a year. I replaced the unit and that one failed after a couple of months. Luckily there is a stock gauge cluster which has a white face so I ended up putting that in instead. For my 2, I thought about putting in just the white face overlay but I thought better of it. I'll stick to stock since it looks a lot cleaner and just change the lighting.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
its all about personal preference...i like white face guages and the chrome trim in my celica, but in my mr2 i just went with the faces. its all about WHAT YOU LIKE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts