MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After owning a couple MR2's and a Supra (n/a automatic :() I'm now driving a very rare 1994 (ST205) Celica GT Four WRC. Only 2500 made, it's the homologation model with an IC spraybar, anti-lag (not plugged in though) and various other cool bits that tell it apart from normal ST205's. When I bought it, it looked pretty bad with two white wheels and two black wheels, painted interior dash panels (white) and the clutch was gone. Engine was strong though, and the paint was in pretty good condition.

Since I bought it (two months ago) I modified it a bit. Bought facelift JDM projector headlights and fitted 4300k HID's in there, plastidipped the 18" Team Dynamics wheels (love that stuff), replaced all interior dash panels with OEM black ones, replaced the clutch and serviced the entire car. Next up is a Blitz Nur Spec, 3" ceramic coated Berk DP, lower it a bit further (it has BC Racing coilovers) and clean her up a little bit more. Anyway, here's some pics:

These cars are amazing. Even though they're heavy, the AWD makes up for it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice. Still rockin' the 93 ST185 that I when I got married.

Currently having more fun with old 911s being they are 1000 lbs lighter.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That is so awesome man. I have always wanted a GT4. If I ever go overseas again for an extended period of time, I'm definitely planning on picking one up. Looks great dude, nice find!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I always wanted to import one of those over here to america... If I ever find one in good shape for a steal of a price then im going for it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
There's a bunch of 205's in Canada now with the import laws. They are nice cars but the super strut suspension scares me, and not having anyone around to do an alignment makes my fear even worse lol.

That being said, they say there were some LHD 205's around your part of the world. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still remember when they were priced at well over $30K in Canada. Because of this, they didn't sell very well. So much so, that there were a few of them being driven at different Toyota regional zone office's by management.

When they were discontinued, there was a local Toyota Dealer that bought four GT4's from Toyota Canada. He started off with asking $38K to buy one, and so they sat on the showroom floor for month's, which turned into year's.

Year's later, that same Dealer still owned two of them, and was willing to let them go for $25K....... :eek:

Regards,

Minty AW11SC

:canada:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I wonder why no one wanted them.. Anyway, I bought and fitted some new wheels. They were supposed to be temporary because they were incredibly cheap, but they're starting to grow on me! Just need fatter tires and a couple inch more low..

They're RH ZW1 2-piece wheels, 17x8,5 ET28.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
How do you make a white car shine so well, props! :thumbup

I'm also curious to why there were few numbers of them sold. I guess the market had way too many fun cars available at the time to choose from (at least compared to what we have now).

Don't feel like making the meme, but just imagine. :)

If the All Trac/GT4 was mass produced

It would have similar aftermarket support and tuning available as the DSMs!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Minty AW11SC said:
I still remember when they were priced at well over $30K in Canada. Because of this, they didn't sell very well. So much so, that there were a few of them being driven at different Toyota regional zone office's by management.

When they were discontinued, there was a local Toyota Dealer that bought four GT4's from Toyota Canada. He started off with asking $38K to buy one, and so they sat on the showroom floor for month's, which turned into year's.

Year's later, that same Dealer still owned two of them, and was willing to let them go for $25K....... :eek:

Regards,

Minty AW11SC

:canada:

Except this model, the st205 was never offered in north America. Hell, not a single gen3 powered car was.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks great i have a JDM White ST205 myself in the US.Brought here 10 years ago from Canada I have real TRD rear spoiler as never was a fan of stock WRC spoiler .

Back in 95 saw an ad in magazine and dreamed of ST2O5 and 8yrs later it came true !
There is also a bone stock white WRC as well in Columbus ,OH owned by wealthy doctor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts