MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just did a search but all the previous asked ques could not answer what i was looking for. So here it goes I was wondering when i was reading about it you have a bad valve you were to put a dollar bill at your exhaust and if it sucked it in and spit it back out then you had a stuck valve or a bent valve. But none the less the valve or some valve was messed up are there any other ways you can tell if you have a stuck valve. I have a 85 4AGE with only 133 on it i noticed lately about every 2 or 3 times i drive it sometimes it will not accelerate past 3k then just start bouncing idle but the engine won't actually be bouncing just the needle on the tach, and the check engine light will go and and off until it becomes unstuck or so i assume and then after that it will not come back on until it does it again, and i have had to push it real hard foot to the floor to get it to stop i would assume i unstuck the valve not sure if i messed it up or i should not be doing that but it only happens every 10 or so times when i drive it but other times i can let it warm up and it will be just fine. Is there anything i can do to get the valve unstuck or how would i go about getting something like that fixed. Should i run a higher octane or is there any cleaner i could use that would help. PLease help guys and gals. I got the car running good until this happened. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I'd guess that it's NOT a stuck valve. I don't think I've ever seen one on a 4AG.

My guess is that you have an electrical gremlin somewhere. I'd start with the AFM and TPS circuits. BTW - have you tried reading the codes out of the ECU. If the CE light is coming on, it's storing codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts