MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
squarestump said:
and being 7" wide and +40mm offset, the should be fine without rub right?

They may rub the coil perch up front...That is what happend to me with my 18's on 215 35 zr18's.... If need be, rather than buying coilovers, just get some wheel spacers... 5-7mm ought to do it....

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
well, i ordered them last night. i ended up going with 17"s. they are gunmetal MB Wheels, 'Weapon' -- 7 spoke 38mm offset. and a set of Bridgestone Gforce 205/40s all the way around. they should work as the guy i bought the car from had 17" 205/40s with a 45mm offset.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey you guys! I am new here and was looking into doing this very thing with my MR2 or perhaps going for a wider look for the spoiler, closer to the look of an F40 Ferrari. I was just wondering if you have pictures of how this turned out?
Just found this thread a month ago. It inspired me and I bought the wing. I'll post pictures and mock it up tomorrow. Although, my trunk doesn't have that lip as shown in the pics so the wing will sit a bit more forwards.

· Registered
11 Posts
Here it is! A couple things to note. This is the 02-07 STI wing, the one shown on the white car earlier on the post. The STI wing will fit with no modification on the trunk but I haven't experimented with taking the base containing the third brake light off. I will eventually try it out on my spare trunk. I'm resistant to do that because I specifically wanted a third brake light in this wing but I guess I'll see how it looks/if it even fits

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts