MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
squarestump said:
definintly will. ordering one tomorrow. going to have the shop fabricate a boxy new facia with headlight inserts and gaping airdam. im going to mount my heat exchangher up there with the radiator... also.. going metallic deep red with big 12 "double stripes down the middle... should look really good with the spoiler

Cool, interested to see howit looks...let me know when you get it done.

· Registered
3,675 Posts
i'm not a big fan of the bigger spoilers, esp. the STi. (the evo i could almost live with).
Now what about the stock WRX spoiler? its practically identical to whats used on the late model (like 98-ish) RX-7's also. It's a nice flat wedge shape.

What i know i like on the mk1 is an old fox-body mustang spoiler. follows the lines well.
http://www.onewest.net/jda/public_html/Chris/sil85c04.jpg
kinda hard to see there, but looks good in person. like the stocker but bigger.

· Registered
140 Posts
Nightshadow said:
Hey em.ar2 what kind of wheels are those on the second post with the chopped top?? OZ's??? They look good, but also huge!!

No, they are BBS CH's , and they are one of my most favourite wheel designs ever. Pity they don't make them to fit the AW11.

I chopped them onto the other pic with the 5 spoke wheels, and I have to say, it looks great.

The reason they look huge in this pic and the one with the chopped roof height is because I increased the size of the actual wheel and tire, rather than just increasing the size of the rim, and lowering the tyre profile. I think the AW11 would look better with a larger rim and tyre. Something similar in size to like the late model Camrys.

and here's a slightly more doable version, with the standard AW11 wheel and tyre size.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Sweet... they look way good. Yo could always convert you're car over to 5 lug...

· Registered
4,641 Posts
Wow, those last two look amazing. I think I might reconsider big wheels and a big wing...

· Registered
4,641 Posts
squarestump said:
woohoo.. ordering the EVO 8 spoiler with carbon fiber center tonight :D.. ill post pics after the facia and new paint as well
Make sure it's got the REAL carbon center, most of those I checked and are only "carbon look." Try to find an OEM one cheap!

· Registered
1,252 Posts
squarestump said:
already purchased a spoiler. not carbon fiber one, just FRP OEM replacement spoiler. ordering wheels and tires tomorrow ;)

Which wheels and tires you gonna put on there???

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
alright hey... big question before i buy those wheels tonight. tell me if this wheel and tire configuration will fit. ive got trd 1.5" lowering springs:

16x7 w/ 40mm offset
and 215/40 16s all the way around

thanks

· Registered
6,076 Posts
squarestump said:
besides, stock wing looks like its off of a mustang and i hate ford
I have always thought our cars looked better with the wing vs not, but have never been fully excited about the stock wing.

I like the computer image of the evo wing (at least from that angle).

Can't wait to see how yours turns out! Lots of pics when you are done please.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
squarestump said:
alright hey... big question before i buy those wheels tonight. tell me if this wheel and tire configuration will fit. ive got trd 1.5" lowering springs:

16x7 w/ 40mm offset
and 215/40 16s all the way around

thanks

Those should fit no proble. those are preatty low profile tires to have on 16's. Preatty wide too!!!

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
well, i calculated them to be within .4" inches in diameter and they should only be 1 less rev per mile than the stock 14" config. k good just wanna make sure before i drop a thousand bucks into this :p

· Registered
4,527 Posts
215/40/16 in an ideal size to have all around. They should just about sqeeze under the stock spring perch.

I have 215/45/16 Azenis RT-615 all around and they hit the front spring perch before I switched to coilovers.

Marco

41 - 60 of 66 Posts