MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I have an old set of Sterns... they kinda seemed to drop off the face of the earth briefly and now are back with all these luxo-style rims that are completely different than their previous offerings... so no idea if quality has held up :dontknow:

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
I had some of the old ones from Japan as well. This new U.S. line is completely different from the japanese line ...... not sure why, marketing I guess. Some are forged and some aren't from the old stuff. I guess just email them about the new ones. I haven't done much investigating since I'm not a big fan of the U.S. line styling.

·
Registered
320 Posts
im not quite sure on this but i remember hearing that Stern got bought out by a US company. their new rims are just not the same as their old japanese rims. My friend has a set of Azzure( i think thats it) and its forged and weights in at 16lbs. They are 18s. good luck

Hourt

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
golden apple has owned stern for years .... at least 4 years since I've been semi-paying attention.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
EL PAALO said:
golden apple has owned stern for years .... at least 4 years since I've been semi-paying attention.
dont they get them out of germany tho

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
no clue ....... anything's possible. I would expect them to cost much more if they're forged and from germany.
the gb for my old stern aguzze s07r's was for something really low like 1100. pretty good for 17x7.5 (for another vehicle) at 13.8 lbs each.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
ya ive heard alot of good things about teh old line of wheels they had

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pentaxis said:
Does this mean your wheels might be for sale Dennis? If so how much? =)
nah, just looking for some info on wheels for my other car, my daily lex...

i like the wheels u posted but the price would keep me away
yeah, that's the only stern i like, i was gonna go with HRE 446R but the price kept me undecided.

thanks for all the help

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Dennis said:
nah, just looking for some info on wheels for my other car, my daily lex...

Freakin baller!!!!!

Peace-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts