MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first mr2 here. Bright red 1986 16v aw11. I’m rebuilding all of the suspension and brakes and so far its going swell. I’m curious if I’m missing something. I found a steering knuckle spacer listed in my haynes manual and in the BgB but toyota doesn’t list them and I cannot for the life of me find any good information on them. It goes between the ball joint and steering knuckle I have a source who says he can get me them. None came off when I removed my ball joints, nor did my new Toyota ball joints from TwosRUs come with anything that looks like a spacer. Only in later model aw11’s? Are they necessary?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interested in this as well. I just re-did the suspension on my '89. The rears had the spacer, but I could not find a replacement, nor did it come with the OEM ball joints I purchased from Toyota. I just used the new rears as they came. When I took of the front ball joints, they didnt have as noticeable of a spacer...looked exactly what I had as replacements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interested in this as well. I just re-did the suspension on my '89. The rears had the spacer, but I could not find a replacement, nor did it come with the OEM ball joints I purchased from Toyota. I just used the new rears as they came. When I took of the front ball joints, they didnt have as noticeable of a spacer...looked exactly what I had as replacements.
I haven’t taken my rears off yet to see but man none of my toyota ball joints came with em kinda bummed oh well

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're looking for PN 42327-17020, they're NLA from Toyota. Since they're super thin I doubt they really do anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts