MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my 91 turbo back together after after many years... the engine having been taken out for rebuilding. I'm getting close, and have noticed a few things missing. One is the black plastic cover for the terminal on the starter. I've seen a few pictures of it, but for the life of me cannot find it in any OPCs.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm trying to get my 91 turbo back together after after many years... the engine having been taken out for rebuilding. I'm getting close, and have noticed a few things missing. One is the black plastic cover for the terminal on the starter. I've seen a few pictures of it, but for the life of me cannot find it in any OPCs.
I’d love to get one of that thingamajig. As of right now, I am temporarily used a plastic cap from a 5 gallon oil jug. I kinda cut the cap to fit over the exposed metal and used a zip tie to keep it place.
Hopefully, someone will chime in with part number.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
part number is 82823-17020 on megazip.net website supposedly it’s available from Japan.
However I just replaced mine with a generic universal rubber battery terminal protector boot and fits snug over the big starter cable and grips firmly over the stud terminal too.
You can find these battery terminal protector cover at auto part stores or you can see if another Toyota model battery terminal cover might fit by looking through ebay.
The factory plastic cover is just really not durable as it becomes brittle from the exhaust heat and literally breaks apart to pieces

1 - 6 of 6 Posts