MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started her up for the bi-weekly charge and move to a different spot in the lot. And after she was up to operating temps, I decided to go for a very short drive.

she's still got the stock DP on and only runniny 10 PSI and needs an oil change, but man, what a blast!

Driving the slow and heavy 91 Integra, while a fun car to toss around and beat on, make driving the MR2 that much more enjoyable! Doesn't help that the PS pump on the Teg is dying slowly, but man, I really miss driving the MR2.

I also stopped by the body shop and confirmed some things with them. I'm thinking late March, early April for paint.

Giggity Giggity!

David

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Took mine down the street to get the rust off the brake rotors. Didn't boost cause crappy gas, but it was good to go for a short cruise. Waiting on body work, thinkin february or march for me.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Sadly, mine hasn't moved in the garage since late November. I jack her up every few weeks and spin the tire around to avoid flat spotting, but that's it.

I need to get my oil and water lines sorted for my GT28RS kit and then I can drive her around. I'm scared to though, because I'm much more motivated to finish the big stuff (custom IC, sidefeed intake manny) when she's in the garage unable to be driven.

If I start driving her around, I won't want to put her back in for surgery ;)

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
man i know the feeling, i pulled my 2 out today cuz my pops needed the beater. but i also pulled the 2 out last week on thursday when it was nice. oh good the mr2 feels like a speed demon compared to the accord.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
guys, i haven't driven mine since august. and since then, nothing but my crapalier. if/when i get to drive my 2, it'll be like driving a ferarri.

·
Registered
545 Posts
mines seeing a lot more action than that, i've been using every excuse i can to drive the 2...infact i think i have driven it more than my beater camry...its hard to choose to drive a camry over an mr2, especially when its only raining....but the snow today required the camry...god, its like toyota said, hey lets remove the driver from the road as much as possible with this one.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
my current daily is a 93 camry. takes a beating though, and with a little trail braking, i can get the back to come around a bit in the rain.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dunno.

She's still got an exhaust leak with the Stock DP on her, and I don't think I can get her to P & L to get the DP back on before then. If I drive her that day, I won't want to not NOT drive her for a while, so it might be my beater for me. . .we'll see!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
yeah, I took mine out the other day too. It was a blast, got looks from people but I don't know if it was the car or if it was because it was so clean and everyone elses car was so dirty. There was a little vibration at first but it went away, probably just the tires from sitting.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thegeneral said:
Yeah I took mine out the other day but I saw some lady faint when she saw it so I had to bring it back home.

OH yah, I forgot to mention.

I drove past a bar, with hot 21-22 yr old girls. As I drove by, panties flew off of them and stuck to the car. Now it's got wet spots all over it.

giggity giggity

And mysteriously, a pair of mens boxers with Spongebob Squarepants on them, were you at the bar I drove by Lee?

XOXO

David

·
Registered
946 Posts
blue-sun said:
And mysteriously, a pair of mens boxers with Spongebob Squarepants on them, were you at the bar I drove by Lee?
Actually that wasn't me, I lent those out but he's not returning my calls all of the sudden. Now I know why!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts