MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Need bit of advice if any one can help I'm fitting st215 caldina head I'm using rev 3 intake and exhaust manifolds on rev 2 block the block forged Ross pistons Eagle rods etc I've got ecu master black and using stock cam sensor from caldina head and fitting 60-2 tooth on crank and using hall sensor for crank position and uprated to top feed 850cc injectors with new rail and 75mm throttle body I've ported intake etc and I'm happy with all wiring side but timing got me bit stressed would I be using rev 3 oil pump pully with rev 3 tensioner and 177 tooth belt or rev 2 pully and 178 tooth belt. If any one can help answer would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
My friend just put a GEN4 head on his Camry 5S block and was using the GEN3 tensioner but it didn't work well due to the tensioner being different. Belt was too loose.
You are best to use GEN4 parts for this. You don't mention what sump and oil pump you are using.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using rev2 pump and sump but just got hold of rev 3 2 part sump so think will now use the rev3 sump when get new oil pick up and I'm also looking at getting 5sgte oil pump I know the position same and all pullys interchangeable do you have any knowledge on this? Many thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
i am using gen2 with gen3 sump and beam pump. I use gen3 oil pump gear and gen 3 belts. only oil pump gear comes different size. So , you would need st215 gear oil pump gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense st215 oil pump gear and tensioner with 177 belt. That's great thank you.

Beams pump what is difference to say rev 2 or 3 and 5sgte

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll look at getting a beam pump. I'll need to modify rev 3 sump anyway because arp bolts sit higher than stock so need to tig couple of raised boxs like on my rev 2 sump. Cheers for advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts