MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to pick up a set of used ST Sway bars for my 93 turbo. The catch is that the sway bars don’t come with anything. Just the front and rear bars. Would I only need to buy 4 poly bushings and then be to mount them up no issues? If that’s the case I see TwosRus sells a universal poly bushing and bracket kit. What size are the bushings I would need in order to fit the st sway bars? Also I could reuse all the oem hardware I’m assuming?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
These will only do the front bar bushes. The ST bars on TwosRus are 15/16 or 23.8mm so you'd need the 24mm? Or maybe the 22mm as you'd rather have it tight than loose and knock around.

The rear is 7/8 22.2mm so you'd need a 22mm bush for the rear. Very different bush shape.

However why do you say the bar comes with nothing else? The MK1 on the TwosRus site comes with bushes and grease as per the photo. MK2 has no photo but he description for MK1 and MK2 are the same.

The stock swaybar links or coilover links will fit the new bar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m buying the sway bars used and the owner probably lost the bushings and or destroyed them. Also, the webpage for the twosrus bushings says that they will fit the rear sway bar if I reuse the oem brackets. Will this not work?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear brackets will work but the inner diameter may not fit. Do check your stock bar.
If anything I can buy a smaller inner diameter bushing and bore the inside out with a dremel till the sway bar fits. All I need to know is if the stock bushing brackets will work with a bigger sway bar pretty much.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the ST bars and bushing laying around if you need me to take any measurements. I agree with the above though... contact ST or a supplier and see if you can just get the bushings/brakets separately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts