MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
thats probably the best thing they sell. all the other crap that ssautochrome are absolute junk. ive read sooooo many horror stories about their turbos and exhaust manifold coming apart in so little miles. and yes, the customer service is terrible.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Here is what the SSAC Core looks like, like I said, sheet metal welded end tanks, pretty bad looking welds. They blew a hole into the side of this intercooler and laid down some weld into it to fix it.

Nitrile hoses again - eck....

And here's our core.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I've heard a lot of horrific SSAuto stories; and, if their Cust. Serv. is also bad, I wouldn't even bother. I agree with black93hardtop, save up a bit more...especially for an MR2 (because it's worth the investment). I just think that they're more special than typical everyday cars. IMO

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yeah, and it doesn't help that our intercoolers are side mount. Front mount intercoolers receive a ton more air flow. With a side mount, the intercooler fan is almost as important as the intercooler. This is why I chose the Berks intercooler kit. The fan is super POWERFUL!!! and the build quality is much better. Check it out. Also, I can get ahold of them. Customer service is A+ so far. Can't wait to get mine in the mail!!!!

Brian

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Grimsby53 said:
I don't see the Berk IC kit on the Berk website. Where can I find it? How much does it cost?

Check out the group buy forum.

Oh yeah, i just bought the ssac intercooler kit for $260 and was partially installed it. The end tanks are noticeablly taller than the greddy intercooler (i have the greddy in my other car), so i had to remove a black metal vacuume line that runs along the top of the engine bay & re-bend it because the intercooler couldnt be bolted up to both holes if this line was in the way.

The welds looked great, the intercooler pipes were really heavy compared to the greddy kit and i dont think they are aluminum at all! The elbows are aluminum and are rougher than the greddy elbows. I blew compressed air into the intercooler and out came some metal dust :smile:

The kit just requires more work, but for $260 it was worth it. I made my own intercooler shroud and already had a few left over spal fans so im good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.