MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, I was just wondering, do any of you participate in the SCCA autocrosses here in the Carolina's. I haven't had the chance of attending one, but I plan to. I think the first one they are sponsoring is March 19th at BMW or something. Just kinda seeing if I can expect any other twos out there.

Andrew

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can't usually make it to many because of when they are (Sundays don't work for me). I plan to go to the one at White Knoll Highschool in Colombia on March 5th and then the one at the BMW plant on the 19th.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Funny...I don't see any MR2's signed up. Oh, wait...yeah I do! ;)

Should be pretty good weather for February. High 50's maybe 60.

·
Top Secret MR2
2,767 Posts
WOW BMW is only 20 miles from my house! I will definately be going! Car should definately be finished too! I might bring both MR2's!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'm still the only MR2 signed up for Sunday? Come on...where are all of you high-HP Mk2 drivers? Scared of the wittle 170HP Mk1???

Corey! Steal your Spyder from your wife for the day!!!

Mitch! Let's see what that V-6 does when you can manage to keep the wheels from spinning!

Don't make me be the only one there!!!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The last one of those wussy Mk2's that ran against me at an AutoX blew up. Come on, now...the more Mk2s that are there, the better the chance that one of them will actually finish the event. And the more fun I have whipping up on you pretty boys in your luxury coupes.

Come out and play!

·
Registered
378 Posts
This wussy mk2 got first in its class at the last event you saw me at in Florence. ;) Which I feel pretty good about considering that it was my first autox. :p

Tell the SCR guys to do more on Sat and you'll see me more. :)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
This one is sponsored by the CCR. Congrats on the good finish, Kenny! I left before the awards were done.

Dman...I figured some smack talk would actually motivate some of you. Instead, I'm getting nothing but excuses. :?

Last time I ran against a Mk2, he blew his car up. The time before that, there were 6 or 7 that ran and none were within a second of my time and I SUCK! Nah...I'm thinking you guys just can't hang, is all. You should trade in those cushy family sedans and buy a real sports car. ;)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Ha! You're just saying that to try to save face! Proof! :bsflag:

OTOH, the Mk2 guy I'm talking about is a member here. Hi, Matt! :hello:

But seriously...my car has some issues right now. First off, I have a brake vacuum check valve on order. Sometimes I have vacuum assist, sometimes I don't. Makes life an adventure, but not exactly unsafe.

My mounts need to be replaced...

...and I've noticed I can see some kind of smoke in the headlights of cars behind me when I really get into it at night. Maybe a bit of carbon...or blowby (but my oil level has stayed fine).

Got a slight coolant leak, as some of you witnessed at the last meet, but it only happens when the car is sitting idle for a while and is minor.

Nonetheless, I'm fully expecting something to break this weekend. I'll be less inclined to show up if I'm the only one, though. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts