MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've owned this MR2 for 20+ years and this is a new noise to me...excuse the oil leak 馃お

This video starts at 20-25 mph and then I cut the engine and coast till I brake to stop in my driveway. Squeak is only affected by wheel speed. Might change when engine braking, but it could just be the engine noise overpowering the squeak sound. I JUST installed Alex's geometry kit, so the hub was removed and reinstalled...only thing I can think of is the CV joint? It really sounds like a rubber squeak to me the slower the car is moving. Thoughts?

Jacked it up in the air and the wheel is tight, it has no movement when shaken by hand at 3 & 9 o'clock (left/right) or 12 & 6 o'clock (top/bottom).

@Alex W have you heard of anything popping up like this after someone installs your kit? I'm sure it just shifted something that was already worn/wearing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured this out! Axle nut was mis-torqued (likely too tight, impact used a little too much)...removed it and put it back on at 152 ft-lb and no more squeak. I found that there is actually a typo in the BGB where it calls out only 137, both are 5sfe specs, and both say the 2100 metric torque, which equals 151.8 ft-lb.
Handwriting Gesture Font Finger Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts