MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1987 AW11
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im trying to find springs for my suspension rebuild, I ordered eibach springs from 2k racing but they dont have em in stock and they said they wont get any in. Eibach is discontinued and I’m not sure what other brand I should get. I have everything for the rebuild and everything is ready but the struts. Only other springs I can find is a company called pi springs, but they dont have good reviews from the Miata forums.

Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1987 AW11
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you not using your OEM springs because you want to go lower?
I mean I just think 30yo springs need replacing. I’m doing a whole suspension rebuild. Unless you think those old springs are still good

·
Registered
1987 AW11
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they are not broken and the car sits level, I don't see a problem.
I’ve never seen the car level as it’s been sitting since 01 and a couple tires were flat, but I’ll prob just keep the springs and hope they are good I guess, I just can’t find any

·
Registered
AW11b - 4AGE - C161 6speed trans
43 Posts
We have 5 AW11's in our family and only 1 of them is on springs that are not OEM. This was done to get the car lower, not because of bad springs.
1 of those cars has been driven prety hard too. AW11 springs are pretty good (the AW11b springs are a bit thicker).
The only thing we did to them to give them a better look was sandblasting and powdercoating.
All of these cars do however have aftermarket dampers (mostly KONI).

·
Registered
1987 AW11
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have 5 AW11's in our family and only 1 of them is on springs that are not OEM. This was done to get the car lower, not because of bad springs.
1 of those cars has been driven prety hard too. AW11 springs are pretty good (the AW11b springs are a bit thicker).
The only thing we did to them to give them a better look was sandblasting and powdercoating.
All of these cars do however have aftermarket dampers (mostly KONI).
good to know, Yea I just ended up painting them with por and they look pretty good. currently koni shocks aren't in the budget so I got some cheapo kyb until I can upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts