MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Sry if posted in the wrong section!

Ive been planning a road trip now for sum time to the blackhills. I live in Minnesota and was thinking a week of driving my MR2 would be great. Going to be leaving spring break (im not sure of the date i guess i could look it up but to lazy as of right now). Just seeing if anyone is interested from the MN area! A small group of cars would be sweet.

Plans:
Camping
Photoshoots
Mountain road driving
Hiking and generally having fun.

4 to like 7 days depending on how much money i get saved up.

If you are interested give me a email ([email protected]) or just reply to this post.

Will be using CB radios to communicate while driving w/ other cars! (i have 1 extra)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A friend and I are thinking about planning a summer road trip from the mpls area to Virginia sometime this summer. The plan is to take a week or so round trip and schedule it so we can get some track time in on VIR.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that sounds like fun erioshi.

ya the spring break road trip might be cancelled. Tonight me and a friend drove out to montivideo just to see how my car tripped. 6 hours in the car and to make a long story short i got pulled over for doing 72 in a 55. So my rents might not let me go cuz i just got my second speeding ticket.. ____ING AYE!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
13 thru 17 - Spring Break Thats when we are doing the road trip. Leaving the 13th early in the morning. So probly 8ish, eheh.

I am going to post a map of the planned route from mapquest in a hour or so.

·
Shadetree mechanic
2,499 Posts
A road trip is one of the best ways to clear your head, enjoy your car, and see the country. Try to have a flexible schedule. I always plan a specific route but I take detours when I find out about something interesting along the way. Don't forget to take breaks to capture photos of your car with the scenery in the background. This is a link to pictures from a road trip I took with my MKI:
http://www.pbase.com/aw11mr2/1999_vacation&page=all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts