MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yesterday I was at the Ace Hardware on oracle and orangegrove and there was a Green MR2 it was Turbo it had a custom apexi canister exhaust out the passenger side, it had Black 5 spoke rims, it was lowered, it had cross drilled and slotted rotors, an apexi Safc (I asume that is what it was) and it also had temporary tags on the passanger side of the rear windsheild. who owns this it was pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had temp tags on it. Did you just not have it registered before? Do you live North side? if so we will have to get together and cruise sometime. Or go to like Fox and Hound or Bedroxs. A bunch of us could go and make it the next meet. Or even better we could go cruise the Lemmon (Mt. Lemmon) Good to see the owner of such a nice car is on the boards!

·
Registered
828 Posts
the reason it had temp tags is b/c it wont pass emitions hahahahh and it has been down for awhile for an extensive motor build up. i love doing car stuff let me know when you want to meet i am always down!!!!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool if u need help with it let me know. Is it running too rich or too lean? u need a new cat maybe or a o2 sensor, mine didnt pass because the vac line to the FPR fell off. I thnk if it fails 4 times u can get exempt for the year too.

·
Registered
828 Posts
its running to rich and i cant figure out the SDR EMS :( ricky offers awesome online support but i need someone that actually knows what they are doing sitting there with me teaching me whats going on.....and i dont have a stock exhuast with two cats on it either :(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You can get exempt if you spend around $300 dollars(not including labor) on trying to get it to pass and it fails 4 times. I think it also might be necessary for your car to be a certain age too. I dont' remember anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts