MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home I noticed a strange G35 Coupe looking vehicle. Upon closer examination it seems to be the R35 Test Mule. Sounds great has same instrumentation on the center of the dash as the R34 did. Remember this is a test mule meaning the "car" is under the G35 Coupe skin.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Mark

·
Registered
904 Posts
i think the next skyline has very different lines. that is likely just a modded g35, but maybe i am wrong.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
There was a G35 at pavs last saturday that the guy tried to make like a Skyline. had a widebody, and said Skyline on the trunk, as well as some other logo with it, but it didn't say GTR or anything I'd expect it to say. It was left hand drive. I can't believe how many people there actually thought it was the new Skyline....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya know what's funny... the G35 is a Skyline... it is the Skyline GT in Japan... so in essence he was right... its just not a GT-R

Mark

F

·
0 Posts
i thought the g35 was based off of the same platform as the 350z.. or is that the skyline as well?

·
Registered
672 Posts
other than the flaired rear fenders, it look like an infinity, most test mules are dressed in black, well before production date. lets not forget the high speed test circuit they have in scottsdale for lambo/crysler vehicles

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Theres test tracks all over the places out hear. Theres North and south test track the GM track and they all take there cars up north to play in the mountains. I think is a bit odd it had michigan dealer plates. All the test cars I have seen are just a white plate with no state.

Chris

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, guys they are not hiding the body since that is not the way the GT-R will look... It's the chassis and drivetrain that they are testing and that is what matters anyways on the Skyline...

Mark

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have seen a car similar to this in tucson it said something GT-R and was a bit spicier than a G35 and looked absolutely F*&(*$ PIMP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts