MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, SSR applied for bankruptcy in Japan. I feel sad to see such a prominent wheel company come to this end. I wonder if they can restructure to continue producing wheels or will this be the end of the line of production. Wonder what happen to people that placed orders before this announcement. Would they get their money back or not?

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
they bought up watanabe when watanabe went bankrupt so that may signal an end to that wheel line as well ..........

·
Registered
122 Posts
yes it very sad i heard tire rack is supposed to buy em out. ____ how am gona get my proffesers know, hope there still available!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if tirerack does buy them out, will the quality of wheels be the same or better you think?

robbie - lets us know how it goes. i almost placed an order for some wheels late last year, but didn't.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Damn, there goes the Reverse Mesh I was gonna buy.

Peace-

·
Registered
423 Posts
Can you provide a link or tell me where you heard about this? I'd be interested to see the article detailing this event. SSR is not a particularly small wheel company. I would be very surprised if they were not bought up....but kept intact.

Anyway....more infor would be great.

Thanks,

Carl

·
Registered
158 Posts
hmm.. i wonder how much they want for SSR. :) ill start my bidding at $100 (USD)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
:( Just as I decided on what wheels I wanted to go with... SSR SP1.

I hope it isn't true or the wheels are still made. It would be nice if TireRack did buy them but let them resume normal operations in Japan, and TireRack only took over in management positions.

I e-mailed once place, MAYBE they will have sizes in stock and I will buy them sooner than I was planning on. If I have to I will.

Anyone else know of some places that carry the SP1?

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
anybody have an account there that I can borrow? ;)
I may just have to register for one ........ would be nice to know wtf is going on for a change.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
babelfish was *some* help in reading that article ;)

Edit - better translation from s2k forums:

"Speed Star Co. and affiliate applying self bankruptcy

Speed Star Co., manufacturer of aluminum wheel production (Osaka
prefecture Yao city, President Masanobu Hamada) with its sales arm,
Speed Star Sales (Osaka city, President Nobuko Hamada) on the 27th,
self bankruptcy was applied for in the Osaka district court. Debt
total was registered as 67 hundred million yen (~$60 million USD)
Speed Star Co. cites increasing overseas competition as factors to its
declining sales, and as a result applied self bankruptcy to itself and
also Speed Star Sales Co. (13:01) "

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
there's an english button up top, but I didn't see anything on the front page about ssr and clicking to go to secondary pages gave me a registration thing which costs .....
In any event, hopefully somebody snatches them up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts