MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around for answers but couldn't find any, so hopefully you guys can answer some of these questions for me and future 5sfters as well.

What did you do with the air temp sender?

On a 91, hooking up the pcv system goes crankcase => catch can inlet => catch can outlet to a Y with a pcv valve in between going to the intake and then the other side of the Y going to the inlet of the turbo?

I saw on the 3sgtes that they have check valves where the map sensor is located. What is the use of this, and should I find one for my car?

I have an extra a/f gauge. Anyone know the color of the wire to tap into?

When putting together aeroquip fittings and lines, do you use some kind of lubricant, but will that be bad if the line is used for the cooling system?

-Minh

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I ended up just tierapping the air temp sensor by the vent. Ran perfectly fine tho its probably not the best :)

I just had a hose run straight to the the intake before the turbo with a catch can in the middle. No check valves or anything.

No check valves for the map sensor, direct swap.

Never wasted time with a gauge that tells me whether or not my stock o2 sensor is working...Id suggest an LM1 wideband. Its a bit more expensive compared to the a/f gauge but the accuracy cannot even be compared between the two. Plus the coolness factor of being able to pop out a data log at the drag strip or even in town *chick factor!*

i never needed any type of lube for my aeroquip fittings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts