MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Spec Stage3 + Fidanza Alu. Flywheel + OEM Parts

364 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Aelius27 
G
#1 ·
Hi people, I just received my Spec Stage 3 clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel and I am thinking to install them by this weekend. For Spec clutch, the kit did come with 2 bearing-one big and one small. I want to know that if it's better to use brand new OEM bearing instead to prevent future problems or the Spec bearing is good enough? What else other OEM parts do you recommend me to change at the same time while I'm doing clutch job?

Thank you very much

#9 ·
When I got my Spec Stage 2 clutch, it came with a Throwout bearing.

I got the same advice, "Use OEM, the Spec one isn't as good, etc.", so I bought a Toyota OEM one to use.

Once I got them home and took them out of the packages, they were *exactly* the same bearing. Had all the exact same numbers etched in the side and everything. I'd guess that both companies sourced them from the same supplier.

I ended up using the Spec one. I meant to return the Toyota one, but it's still kicking around my garage. Anyway, it's been ~ 4k miles with no problems.

YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.