MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you don't want to do the job then give it to someone who does, this spam has been up for 2 days now.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Much longer than that. You started this thread 9 days ago and it's still here. I've never seen a board allow spam to clutter up the forums this long before - like any board.

And I've also noticed a hit on performance - unknown if it's related.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Going to be a real shame if we lose all the data stored here, wish there was a way to archive it externally

·
Administrator
527 Posts
There's no point reporting the user names,
I want to clarify one thing here, this is not accurate. I regularly check site reports to see if there is an influx of spam to address. Reports are the best way to help us address this.

We are experiencing an influx of spam that has seemed to out adapt our current processes. We're trying to stay ahead of them, but until we do, keep me informed.

I'll try to personally pop in more regularly to help keep things clean :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
28 Posts
I want to clarify one thing here, this is not accurate. I regularly check site reports to see if there is an influx of spam to address. Reports are the best way to help us address this.

We are experiencing an influx of spam that has seemed to out adapt our current processes. We're trying to stay ahead of them, but until we do, keep me informed.

-Gerrit
It really is pointless.

Unless you are active every 4 hours you can't keep up, and even if you are you're just cleaning it up.

You need to restrict the user creation requirements because new accounts are being created and posted with automatically.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If it meant I could use the forum without being bombarded with ads and 90% of the image links weren't broken photobucket pictures I'd get the modem out of the attic.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

-Gerrit
More spam. There must be a way to adjust the login process to make sure they are human rather than a bot creating accounts.
We can report posts but not sure how this gets through to the Admin staff here.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts