MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could a mod please remove the spam in the 3SGTE forum, it's been up for over a day now.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Jeez, talk about lazy & neglectful - half a week now. It takes just a few minutes to eliminate this spam and ban the users. Shameful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I feel like it should be easy to automatically flag posts as spam if it is more than ~10% Chinese characters. Don't know why it can't be automated at this point. Looks like it's in several forums.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Who owns and manages this forum at this point? I get the sense this and similar forums have become basically corporate owned and administered remotely. Not complaining, as I'm glad the place still has a path forward, just curious...

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vertical Scope whoever/whatever that is, they have bigger forums to take care of at this point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's no point reporting the user names, it's a bot creating and posting not a person.

They need to restrict the user creation or make it more difficult for the bots to crack.

·
Super Moderator
10,360 Posts
Guys and Gals, I can only speak for myself, but a mod position doesn't pay. I try and jump on here a couple times a week and clean up things. Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I appreciate that - we all have families, etc. But that doesn't mean I understand it. I'm an unpaid mod on another board and like Yoda - I don't try. I do. I check out my board several times a day - not because I have to, because I want to.

This spam would have been gone within a few hours of its existence on my watch (within 5 hours overnight).

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel the same as Pete, I've been with this forum since 2008 and hate to see what it has become compared to what it was, I certainly don't like seeing it cluttered with spam. I would be doing it as a charity as well, I know the corporations who buy these forums up don't care how well they're run just that the ads generate revenue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Should not be too difficult to prevent but I'm not sure how much control the mods have vs the admins.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts