MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 x 8 rear wheel +35mm offset w/ 245-40. If I run a 15mm spacer I will be 2mm past flush (via +20mm offset). If I roll or alter the rear fenders will this rub?

suspension: KYB-AGX w/ H&R's

thanks guys.

Brad

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
You would be better off with 10mm spacers (obviously), but I'm not sure if good ones (H&R specifically) are available in 10mm for the MR2.

You could probably get away with the 15mm spacers, but you might need smaller tires (on an 8" wheel maybe as narrow as a 225) and/or some additional negative camber.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WyrmMaster said:
You would be better off with 10mm spacers (obviously), but I'm not sure if good ones (H&R specifically) are available in 10mm for the MR2.

You could probably get away with the 15mm spacers, but you might need smaller tires (on an 8" wheel maybe as narrow as a 225) and/or some additional negative camber.
I was wondering the tire to. 245's on rims that are 9" or 9.5" are stretched where this really isn't so the tire would appear not as wide. H&R doesn't makes 5-15-20-25mm for the MR2s. I won't drop tyre width, its more essential than a 15mm spacer.

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
H&R makes 15mm, and 5mm as well I believe (but if you only want 5mm, you could just get cheap spacers, as they dont need to be hubcentric when they are that thin)

I agree with you on not dropping tire width, I wouldnt either.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WyrmMaster said:
H&R makes 15mm, and 5mm as well I believe (but if you only want 5mm, you could just get cheap spacers, as they dont need to be hubcentric when they are that thin)

I agree with you on not dropping tire width, I wouldnt either.
I have a 5 spacer on now making the +35mm a +30mm w/ 7mm of tuck... What to do?

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Personally, I would live with what you have. 7mm isn't much IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts