MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1993 MR2 & 1995 T100
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just blew the seals out of the rack. This one was remaned 7 years ago and isn't gonna survive another overhaul.
Anybody have a source for an R&P for a 1993. Looking for a fresh reman, too much work for a salvage yard unit.
TIA

·
Registered
1993 MR2 & 1995 T100
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't have it out yet to mic it but it appears to have picked up some debri from? and there's a serious scratch in the ram. Will know more late tomorrow. Do you have a source for a seal kit?

·
Registered
1993 MR2 & 1995 T100
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link and input. Unfortuntely I don't have a place to work on it and I'm pretty long in the tooth but I'll pass it on to my mechanic. :)

·
Registered
1993 MR2 & 1995 T100
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
Avoid Detroit Axle!
Really bummed, I had read and heard great things and they were prompt and professional both via e-mail and phone. Placed my order ,they gladly took my money and 24 hours later they provided a Fedex shipping and order number.
Now 9 days later and it didn't show up I called and they say they don't have what I ordered and don't know if they'll ever get one. Was not a pleasant call, I filed a formal complaint with my CC company and the Sec. of State in Michigan concerning their business practices.
I didn't rely on buying it online, I called them and placed the order and was assured they had what I needed.
Buyer beware.

I still need a good Rack and Pinion.
I don't have the place to overhaul my unit and I'm too damn old. :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
UPDATE:
Avoid Detroit Axle!
Really bummed, I had read and heard great things and they were prompt and professional both via e-mail and phone. Placed my order ,they gladly took my money and 24 hours later they provided a Fedex shipping and order number.
Now 9 days later and it didn't show up I called and they say they don't have what I ordered and don't know if they'll ever get one. Was not a pleasant call, I filed a formal complaint with my CC company and the Sec. of State in Michigan concerning their business practices.
I didn't rely on buying it online, I called them and placed the order and was assured they had what I needed.
Buyer beware.

I still need a good Rack and Pinion.
I don't have the place to overhaul my unit and I'm too damn old. :(
I ran into the same experience with them. They gladly sell you something they don't have. Communication was also awful.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you get a refund in a reasonable time?
Luckily I bought it through ebay and after twisting ebay's automatic reply arm (they do everything they can to not pay someone to have to read through your actual situation) I got a refund. That process took a month. I actually bought two at once and they thought they sent one when they had sent the other. And on and on and on lol

·
Registered
1993 MR2 & 1995 T100
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I'll see what happens on saturday when they said they'd be back in the office. So far no indication anything has been done. I'll keep my CC company on it too.
The downside of not being able to shop locally and in person, ugh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts