MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have changed the brake pads and it went away for awhile but it came back. when i press the brakes the squeaking stops. i put my car on jacks and i spinned both front tires my right front wheel spins very freely while my left front wheel doesnt spin so freely. i knoe that my brakes are dragging on my rotor most likely thats my problem. how should i fix it. should i buy a new rotor and see if that works??

·
Registered
218 Posts
since the wheel doesnt spin to freely it is probably your wheel bareing. Remove the hub, go to an auto shop have them pull the old bearing, and press in a new one and then reinstall with plenty of grease in the bareing.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
And you should probably have your rotors turned, also, if they are above minimum thickness.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CkretAjint said:
since the wheel doesnt spin to freely it is probably your wheel bareing. Remove the hub, go to an auto shop have them pull the old bearing, and press in a new one and then reinstall with plenty of grease in the bareing.
would it be my wheel bearing, the squeaking noise stops when i press the brakes

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
when wheels bearing go out it will continuously make the sound even if the brake pedal is pressed or depressed

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brake experts where are you ?? or is it my wheel bearing??

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone? care to give me a final answer what to do

P

·
0 Posts
if its a bad wheel bearing you will hear a wobbling sound while driving at slow and high speeds. if you claim you hear a squeek, it could be anything from a dragging caliper to a bad ball joint. is the squeek constant? does it squeek in intervals? does it squeek faster with increased speed? you need to be more specific.

tyler

·
Registered
79 Posts
I might also check the caliper piston. I had a squealing/locking problem with my old civic...and simply ended up purchasing a used caliper. But I just thought you might want to inspect it, w/ a c-clamp. if it doesn't go back in (the piston)..then it's probably the cause.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im gunna try buying a new rotor and see if that does it.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Troubleshooting by replacement can get expensive. Pull your rotors and take it to a machine shop to check runout. Have them machined is a lot cheaper than replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts