MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I have a JDM 92 MR2 Turbo.

I'm trying to figure out why some of the dash lights are dimly lit. The brightest light is the battery light, and then about 2 - 3 others are very dimly lit, hard to tell in the sunlight.

The car runs perfectly fine, no idle dip, nothing like that at all, just lights look like they're on.

I replaced the alternator and it still didn't fix the issue. I noticed the battery is A LOT smaller than what I'm assuming what's supposed to be in there, it doesn't fit in the tray or the bracket, it basically swims in there. Could that be a potential reason behind it? Or is there a possible short somewhere.

EDIT: I have pulled a fuse that is to the fan just to test, and that lights up extremely bright, but in the picture you can barely tell on the right hand side, it's barely lit up when the fuse is in.

EDIT2: Battery picture added

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Do you have any blown fuses in the engine bay fuse box? I think the ECU-IG one is on the alternator sense line.

What’s the voltage at the battery with the car off and with it idling?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any blown fuses in the engine bay fuse box? I think the ECU-IG one is on the alternator sense line.

What’s the voltage at the battery with the car off and with it idling?
I haven't checked the fuses in the engine bay, just the "instrument" one by the foot well, and that was fine. I'll take a look at the one in the bay.

The voltage was a bit low, like the 13 range if I'm not mistaken, when the car was off, haven't tried it while idling. I'll be heading to my shop in about an hour or so, then I'll re-check both

·
Registered
1992 JDM RHD Turbo T-Top All Stock
64 Posts
Definitely check grounds. Add more grounds if you haven't already.

I had a dodge neon with a batshit crazy cluster, gauges going nuts... it was the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts