MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually it is just a SAAB story. I recently checked my SAAB for boost leaks. I replaced four small hoses between the head flange and the intake runners. While driving to school, the car started spitting and sputtering when I tried to make it pull. The boost pressure also dropped. I looked under the hood for any possible boost leaks. Saw none. After the car finally started and I got it to stay running, I drove home. After a couple hours of several diagnostic approaches, I just happened to look down at the turbo outlet. The hose was sitting on the crossmember about 1 1/2 inches from the turbo. And it ran like that, not very well, but it ran.

Moral of the story: If you car is doing something strange, go to the last place you worked and check what you did. Start with the most obvious. Then when you see the stupid thing you did, just laugh; you don't even have to tell anyone.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My Saab developed a horrible pinging sound at the last autocross that kept getting louder and and louder each and every run. I figured that was the last of my $200 Saab 9000...but further investigation revealed that my problem was just two of the manifold studs backed completely out over the course of the event. :p

Crazy that it ran with the hose disconnected. Does the Saab have an ISC hose like the MR2?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of, it just runs around the throttle body. It's air has to go through the turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts