MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to redo my suspension setup this summer and went ahead and ordered some new dust boots/bumpstops from Toyota. My old ones were all torn up(literally just shreds). $88 for the set of 4!!! :eek:

I didn't feel like spending that much so I just got the back two(for now). Maybe when I feel like getting the other pair, I'll go back. I don't plan on doing it till maybe June anyway.

·
Registered
768 Posts
What year is your car? Aren't the dust boot/bumpstops different for +93 models?
If the car is being lowered, shouldn't the +93 bumpstops be used?

·
Registered
787 Posts
anonymousracer said:
I'm going to redo my suspension setup this summer and went ahead and ordered some new dust boots/bumpstops from Toyota. My old ones were all torn up(literally just shreds). $88 for the set of 4!!! :eek:

I didn't feel like spending that much so I just got the back two(for now). Maybe when I feel like getting the other pair, I'll go back. I don't plan on doing it till maybe June anyway.
What do you mean "redo my suspension setup"? If you are installing coilovers, they will likely come with what you need.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have tein springs on the car... just going to add some adustable strut inserts this summer. Nothing too fancy or expensive!

·
Registered
765 Posts
With tein you should have gotten the 93+ bumpstops since the spring is lower than stock. Go return the 91-92 bumpstops and buy the 93+ on partznet.com, I just ordered all four for 75.95 shipped

·
5,344 Posts
Yeah, that's a part from TOYOTA you get raped on. I bought new '93 shocks and new '93 springs from the dealer at a good price for my '91 but when I saw what I had to pay for just the rubber dust boots I flipped.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
KYB makes strut boots. They're like 5-6$ a pop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts