MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
i see that you didn't witness it, why don't you find out who was scheduled to plow the area that you were parked in and find out the dimensions of the plow and check to see if the plow that did that street is the one that hit your car...thats a hit and run and looks like a pretty easy one to find out who did it, get the police involved, most police have their own hit n run department...good luck...dustin

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Seriously like shocker mentioned find out who was scheduled to plow that area. I'm also from Jersey, and it pisses me off that someone from my home state got screwed like that.

Maggot # 1

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
man that sucks and sorry to hear about your bad luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cops said since I didn't witness it I had no way to prove it wasn't a private plow and not the towns. I was in a normal parking spot not sticking out at all.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
Then they need to do a hit and run. Police report.You have quite a bit of damage. The side is going to have to be painted and probably blended into the hood and deck. I would file a hit and run then get insurance involved. I would bet there is atleast 1000-1300bux worth of damage there. That is saying there is no structure issues. This is also based on pictures. I would call your insurance and tell them what happened and where you where. I would also tell them that you called the police and what they said.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
ICBC sounds like our uninsured motorist coverage. I looked at your damage again and i think i was low. I bet it is closer to 2k.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
yeah but the police should have come and done a report.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I used to plow snow, you said that your car was parked in a parking spot right? If it was in a parking lot find out who plows it, generally the city will not plow private parking lots unless they own it. So find out who owns the parking lot. Sorry about you car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It wasn't in a parking lot. it was in a spot on the street, I just meant it was an actual spot, I wasn't double parked or anything where I deserved to get hit. The shop up the block from me said it was going to be about $900 to fix. The police said I can't really do ____ since I had already moved the car when i went to report it. i don't want to paint just half the car though. I don't care how good they are it won't match.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sickncrzy-email me i'd like to get an estimate on painting the whole car. i guess they disabled private messages and your email wasnt available. I'm not too far from JC-thanks
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
thats bs...they can still file a claim...and you can still prove it but you have to move fast but you seem quick to give up so...be persistent and find something out unless you just have 900 bucks in your back pocket you don't mind blowin...if thats the case though i can give u a paypal account to transfer any other loose change you might come across...come on man this is your hard earned money isn't it? do something about it!

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
900 is a good price for that. This would be the best time to spend a little more and paint the whole thing if the money is available.

Rarely do municipalities ever use private companies to plow public streets. I would be raising cain right now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
That'll Buff Out! LOL, J/K

If someone will do it for 900 thats a good deal. Make sure its a good shop and they do a good job though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts