MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's why they're the instructor! And the fact that they know every little mm on that track. Like trying someone on their home turf without much familiarization. Imagine the feeling my friend had following me home in his SC AW11, yeah mods in place, when he couldn't keep up with me and my bone stock '02 2WD Tacoma. Keep running that track and you'll get those seconds back.
As for the snap over our little devils present us with, even when described to us and shown by someone that knows, it still gets ya! Just cuss and get back at it!

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
And the fact that they know every little mm on that track.
EVO school is typically an autocross type setting, held at your local clubs location. IE, not a course they have seen before, at least not exactly. Regardless, put them in your car on an autocross course that they have never driven, and they will do the same thing. Yes, knowing the course helps, but that's not a factor in the case I am talking about.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Same thing as if you let off throttle mid corner and causes all force to go towards the front and the back end "snapping out"
Lift-off or lift-throttle oversteer. Some of Honda's FWD cars tend to do that to mimic RWD feel.

-----

For beginners, you should always drive an MR car with the "slow in, fast out" approach, then progressively find the limits of traction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lift-off/Throttle-off Oversteer and Snap-Oversteer are two different animals completely.

One happens when coming off the throttle too quickly. Weight transfer from rear to front.

The latter happens when the rear of the car has already came around and then it "snaps" back into position, but due to the momentum of it "snapping" back, along with the weight of the engine at the rear, it continues around the other direction. Weight transfer from side to side.

Wade

21 - 25 of 25 Posts