MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I was just wondering if any of you could tell me whether or not it was a bad sign to see thin, gray smoke slowly coming out from the exhaust pipes after the car has been shut off for about 5 minutes or so. It was a cold day when I checked it out, and I figured it's probably no big deal, but it's just something I've never noticed before.

Also, the car has a Greddy exhaust system with a HUGE dent in the chamber, so I figured that perhaps that might disturb the flow a bit. Any thoughts on how this is effecting performance/sound and what not? Something I really ought to consider fixing, and if so, would it be pricey?

Thanks a lot in advance! I hope to be joining the community as an owner this week! :)

Note: I tried to make this post a couple of minutes ago but for some reason it didn't post, then it gave me a duplicate error, but I've yet to see the thread. If it ends up double posting please delete, thanks :)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
if its cold and you can see your breath... is it a chance that its just "Hot" co2 working its way out yet?

my exaust actually makes noise when it cools down.. i assume its the metal settling again cause it gets so hot

~mikeym

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
mine does that too :D . i think its awesome. its like "the smoking gun" but with an mr2.

its normal, just hot exhaust pipes with a little water inside them coming out in the form of steam (water vapor)

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Your car is probably going to explode.

There's nothing you can do to stop it at this point, just remove any valubles and park it outside so it doens't catch your house on fire when it bursts into a tower of flames.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
The last thing I saw was thing grey smoke coming out of my tailpipes... then it was all over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts